Like most girls out there, I love makeup. For me, every great day starts by actually getting ready. There is just something about sitting down and going through my beauty regime, that just makes me feel confident and ready to be productive. I am the kind of person who thrives in a routine, so yes I have a beauty regime, and I thought it would be fun if I took you through all the the products that make me feel and look beautiful. For this post, I will be focusing on just my face makeup routine. If you guys have any questions or would like me to go into more detail about my makeup routine, I would be happy to do so!
- Clinique Pep-Start Moisturizer ($29.50 at Sephora) & Lancaster Sunscreen ($23.39 from Amazon): Before I put on makeup, I always, always, always put on moisturizer, sunscreen, and sometimes eye cream. Moisturizer helps your makeup last longer and look fresher, so if you are not moisturizing you need to get on it. Sunscreen is also super important to protect your skin, so don’t think you don’t need it just because you are tan!
- Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional Primer ($31.00 at Sephora) & Two Faced Eye Shadow Insurance ($20 at Sephora): Okay my dudes, I know primer is expensive. . . but it is a necessary step that makes your make up last SO much longer. Plus it’s one of those products that you don’t need a lot of, so it will last you a while. I’ve had my primers for about a year, so in my opinion they are so worth it.
- NYX Conceal Correct Contour Palette ($11.99 at Nordstrom Rack) & Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser ($7.99 at Target): I go back and forth on whether or not I like to contour. Some days I’m into it, others I am not. I use the green concealer the most because it counteracts the natural redness in my skin.
- Covergirl Clean Matte ($5.89 at Target): This foundation is great & inexpensive!! It doesn’t make me oily and it’s not heavy. I also like it because honestly it is really hard to find foundation that matches my skin tone. Pale girl problems! The color I use is 505 its perfect for my pale/pinky skin! I just do a light layer of foundation, because I’ve found that less is more for my skin type.
- Loreal True Match Powder ($7.49 at Target & Two Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer ($30.00 at Sephora): These are my tried and true powders. I’ve used these for over 5 years, and they never let me down. The Loreal True Match is cheap, but more importantly it does its job. The Two Faced Bronzer is just all around an amazing product. The packaging, the smell, the texture . . . It’s probably the best bronzer out there and you will not regret purchasing this one!
So that’s my face makeup routine. It seems like a lot. . . maybe it is. . . however, I really value my skin, and I want to make sure it’s taken care of! I love this routine and these products, because they cover up all the imperfect and uneven parts of my skin without looking cakey. These products make for a very natural and light look!